Here’s a fresh round-up of Covid insanity . . .
1. One of the new dating terms to come out of the pandemic is “Fauci-ing” . . . which is where you stop dating someone because they’re not taking social distancing or other precautions seriously enough.
Dr. Fauci himself just found out about the term during an interview . . . after a reporter told him all about it. It got a big laugh out of him, and then he jokingly threatened, quote, “I’m gonna Fauci you.” (Barf.)
2. Some YouTube influencers have started really racking up views . . . by criticizing other influencers for traveling and partying during the pandemic. It’s the influencer circle of life.
3. A couple in Niskayuna, New York won a contest from Dunkin’ Donuts . . . and the prize was getting married in a Dunkin’ Donuts drive-thru for Valentine’s Day. The wedding was on Friday and included a donut bouquet and a $500 cash prize.
4. Going to school from your living room is way harder than it might look. A new study found students who are fully remote are more stressed than students who are going to school in person either some of the time or full time.
5. Here are the updated stats on CONFIRMED Covid cases as of last night . . .
New daily cases in the U.S.: 52,785, with 954 new deaths.
Total cases in the U.S.: 28.3 million . . . with more than 498,000 deaths . . . and more than 18.3 million who’ve now recovered.
Total cases worldwide: 109.6 million . . . with more than 2.4 million deaths . . . and more than 84.2 million people who’ve beaten the virus globally.