Here’s a fresh round-up of Covid insanity . . .
1. Disneyland is getting rid of its annual passes after being closed for almost a year because of the pandemic. Frankly, they don’t want people coming in who aren’t paying full ticket prices after all this.
2. A racing pigeon somehow managed to fly 8,000 miles across the Pacific Ocean from Oregon to Australia . . . and now, Australian authorities want to KILL it because it’s a Covid risk.
3. Lots of businesses are offering incentives for their workers to get the Covid vaccine. Trader Joe’s, Instacart, and Dollar General are the latest to offer perks . . . usually getting a few free hours of pay for getting it.
4. A guy in Newport, Wales accidentally threw away a hard drive several years ago with almost $290 MILLION worth of Bitcoin on it. Now he’s offering the city 25% of that in Covid relief if they let him search the landfill to find it.
5. Under New Jersey’s vaccine plan, smokers will get access before the general public. New Jersey defended that policy because they say smokers are higher risk, so they need it first.
6. A woman from the Netherlands shared a story on Reddit about how the CEO of a company raised his elbow after a job interview for an elbow bump “Covid handshake” . . . but she didn’t realize that, and linked arms with him instead like they were a couple.
She says it led to a long awkward pause and him finally saying, quote, “I meant to give you an elbow bump.” But she still managed to get a second interview.
7. Here are the updated stats on CONFIRMED Covid cases as of last night . . .
New daily cases in the U.S.: 230,457, with 4,069 new deaths.
Total cases in the U.S.: 23.8 million . . . with more than 397,900 deaths . . . and more than 14.1 million who’ve now recovered.
Total cases worldwide: 93.5 million . . . with more than 2 million deaths . . . and more than 66.8 million people who’ve beaten the virus globally.