Here’s a fresh round-up of Covid insanity . . .
1. Could Oktoberfest move from Germany to Dubai this year? Oktoberfest in Munich was canceled last year, and that looks like it might happen again. So the people who organize it are really thinking about moving everything to Dubai.
And if they’re going to go to that trouble, they’re going to make it count. Normally, Oktoberfest lasts 16 days. If they move to Dubai, it’s going to go for SIX MONTHS, from October 7th through March 31st.
2. Nudism has seen HUGE growth . . . heh heh heh . . . during the pandemic. People are braver going nude for virtual events, so the numbers are huge for things like nude yoga classes, nude trivia nights, and nude music lessons.
3. Kraft Heinz says the ketchup shortage is about to be over. They say that within the next few weeks, there will be more than enough ketchup on the market again for everyone to get it without any issues.
4. Two YouTubers pulled a stunt in Bali, Indonesia where instead of wearing a face mask, one of them just painted her face to look like she was wearing a mask. Now they’re both facing DEPORTATION to their home countries of Taiwan and Russia.
5. The world just hit the one billion vaccine milestone. About 7.3% of the people in the world have received at least one dose . . . and it only took four months.
6. Here are the updated stats on vaccinations and Covid cases as of last night . . .
Covid vaccinations in the U.S.: 143.7 million people have received at least one dose or 43.3% of the population. 99.6 million people, or 30%, are fully vaccinated.
New daily cases in the U.S.: 59,269, with 870 new deaths. That brings the total to 33 million cases, with more than 589,000 deaths . . . and more than 25.6 million who’ve now recovered.
Total cases worldwide: 151.1 million . . . with more than 3.1 million deaths . . . and more than 128.6 million people who’ve beaten the virus globally.