Here’s a fresh round-up of Covid insanity . . .
1. Hershey’s has been able to tell when Covid cases are rising and falling based on people buying s’mores ingredients.
They found that as cases rise, demand for chocolate bars goes up 40% to 50% because people want to make s’mores in their backyard.
2. Russia is using free ice cream to try to incentivize people to get the Covid vaccine. Because if being protected against Covid isn’t going to sway someone, I’m sure eating ice cream during a Russian winter will be.
3. The TSA has announced new fines for people who refuse to wear masks on planes: $250 for the first offense and going up to $1,500 after multiple offenses.
4. International travel may not be all the way back until 2023 or 2024, according to health experts . . . because we’ve got to get to a point where about two-thirds of the people in the world have been vaccinated.
5. Here are the updated stats on CONFIRMED Covid cases as of last night . . .
New daily cases in the U.S.: 89,691, with 1,340 new deaths.
Total cases in the U.S.: 27.6 million, with more than 474,000 deaths . . . and more than 17.3 million who’ve now recovered.
Total cases worldwide: 106.6 million . . . with more than 2.3 million deaths . . . and more than 78.3 million people who’ve beaten the virus globally.