Here’s a fresh round-up of Covid insanity . . .
1. Some churches will handle today’s pandemic Ash Wednesday by sprinkling ashes on people’s heads instead of spreading the ashes on their forehead in a cross.
2. Apple is updating the syringe emoji for the Covid vaccine. Instead of the syringe being filled with blood, now it’s filled with a clear blue liquid.
3. Here’s a new term for something you might just be doing during the pandemic: Revenge bedtime procrastination. That’s when someone stays up way later than they should because they feel like they never get any time to themselves.
4. One out of five people who work from home say they rarely make it outside during daylight hours, according to a new survey.
5. A 90-year-old woman in Seattle walked six miles roundtrip through the snow to get to her Covid vaccine appointment.
6. A new study figured out which animals are most likely to spread the next coronavirus . . . so we can watch those animals to try to stop the virus before it spreads. They include bats, civets, hedgehogs, rabbits, camels, and more.
7. Here are the updated stats on CONFIRMED Covid cases as of last night . . .
New daily cases in the U.S.: 63,398, with 1,787 new deaths.
Total cases in the U.S.: 28.3 million . . . with more than 499,000 deaths . . . and more than 18.4 million who’ve now recovered.
Total cases worldwide: 110 million . . . with more than 2.4 million deaths . . . and more than 84.8 million people who’ve beaten the virus globally.