Here’s a fresh round-up of Covid insanity . . .
1. If you’ve found you’re talking to yourself a lot during the past year, you’re not alone. A psychologist says it’s common for people to talk out loud more when they’re under stress or facing other tough challenges.
2. The mayor of Antwerp, Belgium lived out all of our nightmares this weekend . . . when he was doing a video interview and didn’t realize the hosts could see that he wasn’t wearing pants in his reflection in the mirror. At least he was wearing underwear.
3. The three things people are looking forward to the most if the pandemic ends this year are spending time with loved ones . . . being able to travel freely . . . and doing things that matter or make a difference.
4. Believe it or not, divorce rates went way DOWN last year . . . which is the opposite of what everyone thought would happen.
Some researchers say it may not be that couples were HAPPIER stuck together all year . . . but they stayed together for practical reasons.
5. Florida is now using the ticket selling website Eventbrite to schedule Covid vaccine appointments.
6. Here are the updated stats on CONFIRMED Covid cases as of last night . . .
New daily cases in the U.S.: 222,009, with 3,461 new deaths.
Total cases in the U.S.: 21.5 million . . . with more than 365,000 deaths . . . and more than 12.8 million who’ve now recovered.
Total cases worldwide: 86.8 million . . . with more than 1.8 million deaths . . . and more than 61.5 million people who’ve beaten the virus globally.