Here’s a fresh round-up of Covid insanity . . .
1. There are lots of TikTok videos going up these days of people who are nostalgic for the early days of quarantine. One of them says, quote, “It was so fun and we were all complaining.”
2. A guy was so bored during quarantine he built an entire video store in his basement. The TikTok videos of it are INSANE. And he even built a little adult film section behind the counter.
3. “Vaxxies” is the new term for vaccination selfies that people are posting after they get their shots. And yes, they’re a huge trend on social media.
4. 56% of people say they think they’ll still wear a mask in public after the pandemic is over. Also, 7% of people said, quote, “I don’t think the Covid pandemic will ever be over.”
5. A stuntman in Chatsworth, California sat in a pool of bean dip for 24 hours as a stunt to save his favorite Mexican restaurant from going under during the pandemic.
6. 36% of people have spent more time in the bathroom than ever before during the pandemic. And 22% say it’s really the only place in the house where they can get peace and quiet.
7. Thieves are using 3-D printed old person masks as a way of applying for unemployment benefits. One security company says the masks are used in 2% of ALL the new unemployment applications around the country.
8. The Philippines has banned public displays of affection to try to curb the spread of Covid.
9. The CDC is working with Dollar General to figure out a way to use its stores to help with the vaccine rollout.
10. Here are the updated stats on CONFIRMED Covid cases as of last night . . .
New daily cases in the U.S.: 60,355, with 1,610 new deaths.
Total cases in the U.S.: 29.8 million . . . with more than 542,000 deaths . . . and more than 20.6 million who’ve now recovered.
Total cases worldwide: 118.6 million . . . with more than 2.6 million deaths . . . and more than 94.2 million people who’ve beaten the virus globally.