Here’s a fresh round-up of Covid insanity . . .
1. A guy in Michigan who had a virtual court appearance for driving with a suspended license last week took the Zoom from a car. He wound up getting a weekend in jail.
2. 44% of Americans say they believe the worst of the pandemic is now over. 18% think the worst is still coming . . . and 16% think this is the worst phase. The 44% is the most optimistic Americans have been since this started.
3. A priest in the U.K. accidentally had a “Blues Brothers” filter on when he performed a service . . . so it gave him a fedora and sunglasses.
4. A guy from Colorado is facing up to 20 years in prison after he refused to wear a mask on an Alaska Airlines flight . . . then peed in the cabin.
5. Here are the updated stats on CONFIRMED Covid cases as of last night . . .
New daily cases in the U.S.: 36,896, with 629 new deaths.
Total cases in the U.S.: 30 million . . . with more than 547,000 deaths . . . and more than 22.1 million who’ve now recovered.
Total cases worldwide: 120.4 million . . . with more than 2.6 million deaths . . . and more than 96.9 million people who’ve beaten the virus globally.