Here’s a fresh round-up of Covid insanity . . .
1. There was a serious traffic back-up at a Covid vaccine site in Mount Pleasant, South Carolina, so the mayor called the best expert at handling long drive-thru lines he could think of: The manager at the local Chick-fil-A.
And that manager actually came out and helped them do a better job getting the line moving.
2. There’s a growing black market for the Covid vaccine. One cybersecurity expert says there’s been at least a 400% increase in the number of ads posted, and the vaccines cost anywhere from $500 to $1,000.
3. If you think the nasal swab Covid test is invasive . . . look out. In Beijing, China, some hospitals have started using rectal swabs for Covid tests . . . since those can give more accurate results.
4. The health minister of Sri Lanka who once said magic potions created by a sorcerer were the best Covid vaccine just tested positive for Covid.
5. The family of an 85-year-old woman in northern Spain thought she died from Covid-19 . . . so they were surprised when she showed up back at her nursing home 10 days later. It turns out the hospital mixed up the names.
6. Approximately 17% of Americans have now had Covid, according to a statistical model from the University of Washington. That’s right around one in six people.
7. Here are the updated stats on CONFIRMED Covid cases as of last night . . .
New daily cases in the U.S.: 135,182, with 1,844 new deaths.
Total cases in the U.S.: 25.7 million . . . with more than 429,000 deaths . . . and more than 15.4 million who’ve now recovered.
Total cases worldwide: 99.7 million . . . with more than 2.1 million deaths . . . and more than 71.7 million people who’ve beaten the virus globally.