Here’s a fresh round-up of Covid insanity . . .
1. About 8% of people who have gotten the first dose of the Covid vaccine have skipped their second dose. And a new survey found 22% of people say either they’ve skipped getting their second dose or they know someone who has.
The main reasons why people are skipping their second shot are: Issues with appointments . . . already feeling protected after one shot . . . and worrying about side effects.
2. Here’s a sign that people are seeing an end of the pandemic . . . Durex says that condom sales were up double digits in the first three months of the year.
3. A 32-year-old guy from Edmonton, Alberta, Canada was busted for kayaking across a lake into Montana earlier this month, which broke all sorts of laws, including Covid restrictions.
4. Chicken rentals have spiked during the pandemic. There are some businesses around the country that rent chickens . . . so you can get eggs, or just emotional support, I guess . . . and they’ve seen record numbers in the past year.
5. Here are the updated stats on vaccinations and Covid cases as of last night . . .
Covid vaccinations in the U.S.: 142.6 million people have received at least one dose, or 43% of the population. 98 million people, or 29.5%, are fully vaccinated.
New daily cases in the U.S.: 56,604 million, with 954 new deaths. That brings the total to 32.9 million cases, with more than 588,000 deaths . . . and more than 25.5 million who’ve now recovered.
Total cases worldwide: 150.2 million . . . with more than 3.1 million deaths . . . and more than 127.8 million people who’ve beaten the virus globally.