Here’s a fresh round-up of coronavirus insanity . . .
1. Would you be willing to increase your risk of catching coronavirus for cheap unlimited flights? Some airlines in other countries have started offering discounted unlimited flying plans to try to stay in business during this huge drop in flying.
For example, Air Canada is offering a deal where people can fly anywhere, anytime for $2,260 per month. And AirAsia is offering unlimited flights for people inside Malaysia for just $121 for the year.
2. Movie theater popcorn sales have tanked this year, obviously . . . and that’s led the companies that supply that popcorn to have tons and tons of extra inventory they’re now trying to figure out ways to sell.
3. We’re looking at a substitute teacher shortage this year with teachers potentially being out for weeks at a time from coronavirus and not enough substitutes out there to fill the jobs.
4. People are selling bleach on Amazon by marketing it as a “miracle cure” for coronavirus. We’ve said it before and we’ll say it again: Please don’t take bleach, no matter who recommends it.
5. Eight out of 10 parents feel, quote, “conflicted” about letting their kids be around other kids right now. Just under half say they’ll let their kid go to a birthday party . . . and 26% would let their kid go to a sleepover.
6. It turns out a huge anti-mask troll who works for the website RedState was actually an official at the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases and worked under Dr. Fauci. The guy says he’s now going to retire.
7. Here are the updated stats on CONFIRMED coronavirus cases as of last night . . .
New daily cases in the U.S.: 36,372, with 388 new deaths.
Total cases in the U.S.: 7 million . . . with more than 204,500 deaths . . . and more than 4.2 million who’ve now recovered.
Total cases worldwide: 31.4 million . . . with more than 969,000 deaths . . . and more than 23.1 million people who’ve beaten the virus globally.