Here’s a fresh round-up of coronavirus insanity . . .
1. The pandemic has been a real breeding ground for both boredom and conspiracy theories . . . so this tracks. UFO sightings are up 51% this year as lots of people have taken up UFO spotting as a hobby during quarantine.
2. It could really help stop the virus spread if we all talked less and talked quieter in public. In fact, just talking quietly instead of yelling reduces the risk of transmitting coronavirus as much as wearing a mask.
3. A public health professor at Yale . . . yes, an Ivy League professor . . . says all these colleges having outbreaks might curb the spread if they allowed kids to play outdoor beer pong.
He believes if outdoor beer pong was allowed, the students would avoid more dangerous situations for coronavirus, like secret crowded indoor parties.
4. Here’s terrible potential symptom #971 of coronavirus: It can make a man’s testicles swell up . . . and possibly leave them infertile. It happened to a guy in San Antonio, Texas.
5. There are new plastic “brackets” you can use with a cloth mask to keep it from touching your face and keep you from getting acne . . . or “maskne.” But, of course, you’ve got to make sure you wear the brackets right so the mask is effective.
6. All 200 people on a flight from Greece to the U.K. had to quarantine for two weeks after 16 people onboard tested positive for coronavirus.
7. Here are the updated stats on CONFIRMED coronavirus cases as of last night . . .
New daily cases in the U.S.: 41,979, with 1,164 new deaths.
Total cases in the U.S.: 6.2 million, with more than 188,900 deaths . . . and more than 3.4 million who’ve now recovered.
Total cases worldwide: 25.9 million . . . with more than 861,000 deaths . . . and more than 18.1 million people who’ve beaten the virus globally.