Here’s a fresh round-up of coronavirus insanity . . .
1. A circus in Germany has been surviving the pandemic financially by selling lion and tiger poop. People want the stuff because it helps keep other animals away from their garden.
2. Foot Locker had a surprisingly good second quarter, up 18% in sales . . . and they think it’s from people spending their stimulus checks on new shoes.
3. People are flying way less now . . . but when they do fly, they’re PACKIN’. TSA screeners found guns in people’s carry-ons at three times the rate of last year.
And the most likely reason is pretty frightening: Because there are fewer passengers, TSA can actually properly screen bags so they’re finding the guns they’ve missed in the past. Coooooool.
4. A picture of a mannequin in a store wearing a bodysuit that extends all the way up to include a face mask is going viral.
5. About one-third of couples say they’re delaying their plans to have kids or they now want fewer kids because of the pandemic.
6. Illinois has made it a felony to assault an employee who’s trying to enforce a mask policy.
7. The president is considering blocking U.S. citizens from coming back into the country if they might’ve caught coronavirus.
8. Here are the updated stats on CONFIRMED coronavirus cases as of last night.
New daily cases in the U.S.: 46,317, with 513 new deaths.
Total cases in the U.S.: 5.2 million, with more than 166,000 deaths . . . and more than 2.7 million who’ve now recovered.
Total cases worldwide: 20.2 million . . . with 739,000 deaths . . . and more than 13.1 million people who’ve beaten the virus globally.