Here’s a fresh round-up of coronavirus insanity . . .
1. Teenagers are dressing up as grandmas and using masks to cover their faces so they can buy booze. They’re posting TikTok videos showing them using wigs, walkers, and more . . . and some of them really do look like old folks.
2. Online affairs are on the rise during the pandemic. Two psychologists say the stress . . . plus all the time locked down with their significant other . . . is driving people to apps where they’re meeting people for future hookups.
3. A woman in San Diego posted a photo of a Starbucks barista last month and was angry the barista wouldn’t serve her without a mask. People donated $100,000 to that barista in a GoFundMe. And now the woman who posted the photo wants half.
4. Airbnb is getting mocked for sending out an email asking customers to donate money to Airbnb landlords.
5. Police in Australia have put out a reminder to people that they should put on some clothes before they answer the door right now. They say they keep getting, quote, “surprises” during wellness checks.
6. This is some biting social commentary right here. A law firm in St. Petersburg, Florida is offering free living wills for teachers who are, quote, “involuntarily forced to return to the classroom.”
7. There are only nine countries in the world that are now open to U.S. tourists without any restrictions. There are 22 more that are open if you can show a recent negative test. The rest are closed.
8. Here are the updated stats on CONFIRMED coronavirus cases as of last night . . .
New daily cases in the U.S.: 71,670, with 997 new deaths.
Total cases in the U.S.: 3.6 million, with more than 140,100 deaths . . . and more than 1.6 million who’ve now recovered.
Total cases worldwide: 13.6 million . . . with 586,800 deaths . . . and more than 8.1 million people who’ve beaten the virus globally.