Here’s a fresh round-up of coronavirus insanity . . .
1. A drug dealer in Australia tried to get some meth to a customer who was quarantining in a hotel by posing as a food delivery guy and hiding the meth . . . and four syringes . . . inside a hamburger and milkshake. He was caught and arrested.
2. Check out some 2019 versus 2020 New Year’s Eve photos that show just how empty everywhere was due to the pandemic.
3. A taxi driver in Victoria, British Columbia, Canada had a drunk passenger on New Year’s who refused to wear a mask . . . so the taxi driver took him straight to the police station where the guy was arrested and fined.
4. Honda has come out with a new air filter for cars in Japan that’s supposed to catch coronavirus droplets.
5. A hospital worker in Wisconsin who tampered with the coronavirus vaccine supply by leaving it out overnight actually did that two nights in a row.
6. Here are the updated stats on CONFIRMED coronavirus cases as of last night . . .
New daily cases in the U.S.: 191,726, with 1,380 new deaths.
Total cases in the U.S.: 21.1 million . . . with more than 360,000 deaths . . . and more than 12.4 million who’ve now recovered.
Total cases worldwide: 85.5 million . . . with more than 1.85 million deaths . . . and more than 60.4 million people who’ve beaten the virus globally.