Here’s a fresh round-up of coronavirus insanity . . .
1. Someone noticed that if you google any three-digit number with the words “new cases,” you’ll find a news report on that exact number of cases somewhere in the world. With thousands of cities reporting numbers for three months, it’s just a matter of odds.
2. A woman in California was caught on video coughing in a baby’s face inside a frozen yogurt shop, because she didn’t think the kid’s parents were social distanced enough.
3. People have been microwaving library books to kill the virus. It’s really dangerous, because a lot of them have metal I.D. tags in them that can spark and cause a fire.
4. A city in Thailand has had to start sterilizing monkeys, because they’re terrorizing the locals now that tourists aren’t there to feed them.
5. A college student forgot a bag of potatoes in her apartment when her school shut down. And when she went back three months later, the sprouts coming out of them were several feet long.
6. Some of the casinos in Las Vegas have been offering people $20 in gambling credit if they wear a mask.
7. Costco says it has no plans to bring back its half-sheet cakes anytime soon. No one needs them right now, so they’re focusing on smaller cakes.
8. People have had to wait longer for test results, because some labs are still sending them via FAX machine. A county commissioner in Texas called it a “third world technology” at this point.
9. 29% of workers now expect to keep working from home full-time, even after the crisis is over.
10. Here are the updated stats on coronavirus cases as of last night . . .
New daily cases in the U.S.: 35,921, with 862 new deaths.
Total cases in the U.S.: Just over 2.4 million, with over 123,000 deaths . . . and more than 1 million who’ve now recovered.
Total cases worldwide: 9.3 million . . . with 479,805 deaths . . . and over 5 million people who’ve now beaten the virus globally.