Here’s a fresh round-up of coronavirus insanity . . .
1. The demand for NUDE MAIDS is up during the pandemic. Here’s why. There’s no point in hiring a nude maid if you’re not home to watch, right? So with all the people working from home now, there’s more demand for nude cleaning services.
2. A guy in Massachusetts faked his own suicide after he took a $540,000 PPP loan for a nonexistent business. But the U.S. Marshals tracked him down in Georgia and now he’s facing fraud charges.
3. In a normal year, summer vacation season pretty much ends now. But this year, it’s being extended because so many people are working from home and have kids who are distance learning . . . so they’re looking for changes of scenery this fall.
4. Do people really miss airline food? Thai Airways has opened up a restaurant at its headquarters in Bangkok, Thailand, where people sit in airline seats and eat airline food. And apparently it’s a hit.
5. The pandemic has driven people right back to their childhood bedrooms as 52% of people under 30 now live with their parents. That’s up from 47% in February and the highest level that’s ever been measured.
6. A woman in Texas wound up with severe burns after her hand sanitizer caught on fire while she was trying to light a candle.
7. A college professor in Argentina collapsed from COVID-19 symptoms and passed away in front of her virtual class.
8. “Travel shaming” is a thing now . . . where people on social media criticize you for taking a trip during the pandemic.
9. Here are the updated stats on CONFIRMED coronavirus cases as of last night.
New daily cases in the U.S.: 25,325, with 286 new deaths.
Total cases in the U.S.: 6.4 million, with more than 193,500 deaths . . . and more than 3.7 million who’ve now recovered.
Total cases worldwide: 27.4 million . . . with more than 896,000 deaths . . . and more than 19.5 million people who’ve beaten the virus globally.