Here’s a fresh round-up of coronavirus insanity . . .
1. A new study of the most popular dog names in 2020 found there were lots of people picking names like Corona, Rona, Covi, Covid, and Fauci.
2. Flask sales are up more than 500% this year. Why? A rep from a market research group says it’s because people want to drink from a closed container so they don’t spill on their laptop during a virtual happy hour.
3. The mayor of Austin, Texas posted a Facebook video last month telling residents, quote, “Stay home if you can . . . we may have to close things down if we are not careful.”
It turns out he posted that video from his vacation in Cabo San Lucas, Mexico . . . and the day before the trip, he’d hosted an outdoor wedding and reception for his daughter with 20 guests.
4. A couple was arrested over the weekend when they took a flight from San Francisco to Hawaii knowing they had coronavirus. They were both charged with reckless endangerment.
5. A scrap car company in the U.K. is now offering a service where people can let out their frustrations over 2020 by shooting up a car.
6. The Ohio Department of Health is now recommending that people in Ohio not travel anywhere in Ohio.
7. Belgium has a new coronavirus restriction where if you’re hosting people in your yard, only one of them is ever allowed to go inside to use the bathroom.
8. Here are the updated stats on CONFIRMED coronavirus cases as of last night . . .
New daily cases in the U.S.: 203,427, with 2,831 new deaths.
Total cases in the U.S.: 14.3 million, with more than 279,000 deaths . . . and more than 8.4 million who’ve now recovered.
Total cases worldwide: 64.8 million . . . with more than 1.4 million deaths . . . and more than 44.9 million people who’ve beaten the virus globally.