Here’s a fresh round-up of coronavirus insanity . . .
1. Have you seen people driving around with their face masks hanging from their rear view mirrors? I definitely have. And now Triple-A is warning people NOT to do that because it could block your view and make you more likely to crash.
2. New York City’s Mayor Bill de Blasio just announced furloughs for about 500 people in his office . . . including himself. Just like pretty much everyone else in his office, he’ll take five unpaid days off between now and March.
3. A guy without a mask was escorted out of Disney’s Hollywood Studios park on Tuesday and tried to quote “A Bug’s Life” . . . apparently to try to rally other people because he thought he was having a real hero’s moment.
But he misquoted the movie. He shouted, quote, “If one guy stands up, one ant stands up!” Hopper, the bad guy in “A Bug’s Life”, actually says, quote, “You let one ant stand up to us, then they all might stand up.”
4. The majority of teenagers say online school is worse than in-person school . . . but less than one in five think school should be fully in-person right now.
5. The number of people getting tested for STDs has plummeted during the pandemic, according to the CDC.
6. A wedding in Maine last month was the cause of more than 175 confirmed coronavirus cases and is now responsible for at least seven deaths. None of the people who died went to the wedding . . . they caught the virus from people who did.
7. Here are the updated stats on CONFIRMED coronavirus cases as of last night.
New daily cases in the U.S.: 40,154, with 1,151 new deaths.
Total cases in the U.S.: 6.8 million . . . with more than 201,300 deaths . . . and more than 4.1 million who’ve now recovered.
Total cases worldwide: 30 million . . . with more than 945,000 deaths . . . and more than 21.8 million people who’ve beaten the virus globally.