Here’s a fresh round-up of coronavirus insanity . . .
1. For the first time in its existence, the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade is going to be TV-only . . . there will still be balloons, floats, and performers, but they won’t walk through the streets and there are no spectators allowed.
2. A new meme is people sharing how they’d explain a photo of 2020 to someone in 2019. Like . . . how do you explain a priest in a face shield spraying a holy water squirt gun at people in cars? Or sports events with cardboard cutouts of people in the stands?
3. There’s an amusement park in Kentucky that’s making the entire PARK available to rent. It costs $5,000 for two hours with just your family in the park.
4. Dozens of cruise ship employees who’ve been stuck on a boat off the coast of Brazil for the past six months are finally going to be able to go home.
5. This is some on-the-nose punishment: Eight people in Indonesia who were busted for not wearing masks were ordered to dig graves for people who’ve died during the pandemic.
6. A county in North Carolina that had to call off its annual Bigfoot festival in July has now changed it to a “Bigfoot scavenger hunt” because, quote, “Bigfoot is the social distancing champion of the world.”
7. Here are the updated stats on CONFIRMED coronavirus cases as of last night . . .
New daily cases in the U.S.: 38,072, with 480 new deaths.
Total cases in the U.S.: 6.7 million, with 199,000 deaths . . . and more than 4 million who’ve now recovered.
Total cases worldwide: 29.4 million . . . with more than 932,700 deaths . . . and more than 21.2 million people who’ve beaten the virus globally.