Here’s a fresh round-up of coronavirus insanity . . .
1. KFC has suspended its advertising slogan “finger lickin’ good” . . . because they say it’s not right to recommend people lick their fingers during the pandemic.
2. Zoom had a major outage yesterday morning . . . just as millions of kids were logging on to start their school year. It was restored by around 1:10 P.M. Eastern.
3. Around 100 nudists have tested positive for coronavirus at a famous nudist resort in France. The resort required people to wear masks indoors even if they weren’t wearing anything else, but apparently that wasn’t enough protection.
4. As if I needed another reason not to exercise . . . doctors say if you do have coronavirus and you exercise, it can make your symptoms worse.
5. I can’t believe we have to say this AGAIN, but don’t drink bleach as a cure. The poison control center in Dallas says they’ve had 46 cases of people drinking bleach so far this month.
6. 87% of Americans approve of stores requiring customers to wear masks . . . including more than three-quarters of people in every political party.
And 86% of Americans think that if everyone wore masks in all public places, it would help reduce the coronavirus spread.
7. A new study has found that antibody tests are basically pointless . . . they just aren’t good enough to figure out if someone is immune or could be re-infected. Especially since there was just the first confirmed case of someone getting COVID-19 twice.
8. Here are the updated stats on CONFIRMED coronavirus cases as of last night . . .
New daily cases in the U.S.: 41,484, with 510 new deaths.
Total cases in the U.S.: 5.9 million, with more than 181,100 deaths . . . and more than 3.2 million who’ve now recovered.
Total cases worldwide: 23.8 million . . . with more than 817,000 deaths . . . and more than 16.3 million people who’ve beaten the virus globally.