Here’s a fresh round-up of coronavirus insanity . . .
1. The CDC has put out its first Halloween guidelines and they’re saying trick-or-treating, indoor parties, indoor haunted houses, and hayrides or tractor rides with strangers are high risk and should be avoided.
2. This AGAIN? Scotland is experiencing a toilet paper shortage now that another lockdown is possible there. For now, the American toilet paper supply seems to be fine.
3. The average American has worried about their health an average of four times a day since the pandemic started.
4. Restaurants are still trying to figure out ways to offer outdoor dining when it gets cold out. One restaurant in New York City has installed “space bubbles” outside that keep people separated and warm.
5. One out of 10 people in their 50s and 60s are now planning to retire earlier than they expected because of the pandemic.
6. Here are the updated stats on CONFIRMED coronavirus cases as of last night . . .
New daily cases in the U.S.: 35,696, with 969 new deaths.
Total cases in the U.S.: 7 million . . . with more than 205,000 deaths . . . and more than 4.3 million who’ve now recovered.
Total cases worldwide: 31.7 million . . . with more than 975,000 deaths . . . and more than 23.3 million people who’ve beaten the virus globally.