Here’s a fresh round-up of coronavirus insanity . . .
1. Flushing a urinal can spread coronavirus? A study found that when you flush a urinal, it can shoot particles up to two feet in the air . . . so if those are infected particles, you’re putting people in the bathroom at risk.
2. 11% of Americans say their mental health has IMPROVED during the pandemic. 31% say it’s gotten worse.
3. Several Six Flags locations are going to try to do their annual Halloween events this year . . . but instead of coming right up to you to scare you, the people in costumes will try to scare you from six feet away.
4. Brothels in Berlin, Germany are now allowed to reopen after being closed for months . . . but full sex is banned until next month. They can only perform, quote, “erotic massages.”
5. Champagne producers in France are going to limit their crops this year to keep the supply of champagne down . . . so they can try to keep the prices high when there’s so little demand.
6. Bad news for a Japanese restaurant in San Francisco that built clear domes for people to eat in . . . at $200-per-person. The city has told them the domes don’t allow, quote, “adequate airflow” and they need to remove them.
7. The new Postmaster General is going to stop cutbacks and mailbox removals, which would’ve made it harder to vote by mail during the pandemic. Twenty states were planning to file federal lawsuits over the changes.
8. Here are the updated stats on CONFIRMED coronavirus cases as of last night . . .
New daily cases in the U.S.: 43,353, with 1,324 new deaths.
Total cases in the U.S.: 5.6 million, with more than 175,000 deaths . . . and more than 3 million who’ve now recovered.
Total cases worldwide: 22.3 million . . . with more than 784,000 deaths . . . and more than 15 million people who’ve beaten the virus globally.