Here’s a fresh round-up of coronavirus insanity . . .
1. A guy who was 12 days into a mandatory quarantine after he flew home to New Zealand was caught using a bed-sheet ladder to escape from his fourth-story hotel room. He was quickly arrested.
2. It looks like all of this time at home hasn’t made people sick of their houses . . . it’s made them fall deeper in love. 58% of people say they love their home more than ever now.
3. So it’s come to this: The National Restaurant Association has released a series of training videos to teach servers and staff different methods to handle customers who freak out over mask requirements and other pandemic rules.
4. Lots of “city people” have tried out camping because it’s a safe vacation option during the pandemic . . . and they don’t like it. One campground owner in New York says, quote, “They’re amazed by the amount of bugs . . . and lack of bathrooms.”
5. Here are all 50 states ranked by the safest place for schools to reopen to the least safe.
6. Here are the updated stats on CONFIRMED coronavirus cases as of last night . . .
New daily cases in the U.S.: 37,418, with 355 new deaths.
Total cases in the U.S.: 7.3 million . . . with more than 209,800 deaths . . . and more than 4.6 million who’ve now recovered.
Total cases worldwide: 33.5 million . . . with more than 1 million deaths . . . and more than 24.8 million people who’ve beaten the virus globally.