Here’s a fresh round-up of coronavirus insanity . . .
1. Costco might be bringing back free samples. But it looks like they’re only going to display demos of cooked foods and give out pre-packaged, wrapped items.
2. Google searches for “panic attack” and “anxiety attack” have hit an all-time high during the pandemic.
3. A couple in Michigan held an outdoor wedding last weekend . . . and someone stole all of their gifts that had been left out in the open.
4. If you think you’re doing a good thing by coughing into your arm . . . make sure you’re doing it into a sleeve. A new study found that if you cough into your bare arm, it actually does a worse job at keeping your droplets contained.
5. The CDC is now recommending that employees at businesses STOP arguing with people who refuse to wear masks, because of so many cases of those people losing their damn minds.
Like a guy in Florida who was so upset over being asked to wear a mask at an Ace Hardware store that he coughed in an employee’s face and then hit two people.
6. Here are the updated stats on CONFIRMED coronavirus cases as of last night . . .
New daily cases in the U.S.: 44,637, with 1,289 new deaths.
Total cases in the U.S.: More than 6 million, with more than 183,600 deaths . . . and more than 3.3 million who’ve now recovered.
Total cases worldwide: 24.3 million . . . with more than 829,000 deaths . . . and more than 16.8 million people who’ve beaten the virus globally.