Here’s a fresh round-up of coronavirus insanity . . .
1. Eight police officers in Wisconsin swarmed a woman’s apartment in Wisconsin after she texted her father that she was being stabbed. It turned out it was an autocorrect mistake . . . she was being SWABBED for coronavirus.
Fortunately, no one got hurt during any of this . . . although we don’t have any word on whether the woman tested positive for the virus.
2. A college student from Wisconsin and her roommate say they figured out a cure for losing your senses of smell and taste from coronavirus. It involves burning an orange then cooking the pulp with brown sugar.
What they’re doing is actually an old Caribbean medicine technique . . . but no one else seems to have gotten it to work.
3. A mall in Houston is using a hologram of Santa for photos this year.
4. This isn’t a surprise, but the organizers of the New Year’s Eve ball drop in Times Square officially announced yesterday that the event is going to be closed to the public and only available on TV.
5. Triple-A is projecting a 29% decrease in travel between December 23rd and January 3rd of this year. But that still means around 84.5 million Americans will be traveling.
6. Here are the updated stats on CONFIRMED coronavirus cases as of last night . . .
New daily cases in the U.S.: 199,875, with 2,976 new deaths.
Total cases in the U.S.: 17.1 million . . . with more than 311,000 deaths . . . and more than 10 million who’ve now recovered.
Total cases worldwide: 73.8 million . . . with more than 1.6 million deaths . . . and more than 51.8 million people who’ve beaten the virus globally.