Here’s a fresh round-up of coronavirus insanity . . .
1. 6% of people say they’ve actually spent MORE time on personal grooming during the pandemic than before. 39% of people have spent less.
2. Here’s the latest random thing that the pandemic is taking down: Yodeling. A yodeling competition in Switzerland is now being called a superspreader event since cases in the area skyrocketed afterward.
3. A paleontology conference that moved online because of coronavirus ran into trouble this week when the chat filter kept banning something it believed was an inappropriate word . . . “bone.”
4. 52% of Americans would consider living out of a van after everything that’s happened during the pandemic.
5. The CEO of United Airlines says he doesn’t expect the airline business to get back to normal until 2024.
6. Turns out working from home isn’t everything we dreamed it would be. 63% of Americans who are working from home say the negatives have outweighed the positives . . . mainly because their workload has increased significantly.
7. Four out of 10 people now say they feel safe eating indoors at a restaurant.
8. Here are the updated stats on CONFIRMED coronavirus cases as of last night . . .
New daily cases in the U.S.: 66,129, with 874 new deaths.
Total cases in the U.S.: 8.2 million . . . with more than 222,700 deaths . . . and more than 5.3 million who’ve now recovered.
Total cases worldwide: 39.1 million . . . with more than 1.1 million deaths . . . and more than 29.3 million people who’ve beaten the virus globally.