Here’s a fresh round-up of coronavirus insanity . . .
1. A couple in a remote village in northern India got married in full hazmat suits after the bride tested positive just hours before the ceremony. The priest also wore a full hazmat suit.
2. Plastic surgery numbers have gone up during the pandemic, according to surgeons around the country. They say it’s a mix of people not liking how they look on video chats . . . and knowing they have plenty of time at home to recover from surgery.
3. The U.K. has started administering the coronavirus vaccine to elderly people and the second person in the country to get it is an 81-year-old man named . . . William Shakespeare.
4. Since some places are only allowing bars to serve alcohol if they also serve food, there’s been a rise in food waste . . . because people order food they don’t actually want so they can get drunk.
5. The Seattle public health department put out a video about being safe during the pandemic . . . and it shows a fake text chat where two people discuss using a GLORY HOLE and making a homemade one with a shower curtain.
6. Carjackings are up 127% this year in Chicago. The police say it’s happening because burglaries are harder with so many people home all the time.
7. Here are the updated stats on CONFIRMED coronavirus cases as of last night . . .
New daily cases in the U.S.: 200,570, with 1,566 new deaths.
Total cases in the U.S.: 15.3 million, with more than 290,000 deaths . . . and more than 8.9 million who’ve now recovered.
Total cases worldwide: 68.5 million . . . with more than 1.5 million deaths . . . and more than 47.4 million people who’ve beaten the virus globally.