Here’s a fresh round-up of coronavirus insanity . . .
1. People on TikTok who have lost their sense of taste because of coronavirus are now doing a challenge where they eat the grossest foods possible on camera.
2. A dominatrix says business has been booming in the pandemic because, quote, “when people are feeling vulnerable, helpless, and anxious, there can be a particularly strong urge to be dominated.”
That’s mostly because this time is requiring us to be strong . . . so when you get dominated, quote, “you get to face your worst nightmares [of being] the weakling, the failure, the ‘not enough.'”
3. Americans are drinking more alcohol during the pandemic . . . but maybe not as much as you think. The numbers work out to about one extra night of drinking per month.
4. A mayor of a village in Romania who died of coronavirus was re-elected in a landslide just two weeks later. People in the village say they voted for him to pay their respect . . . and now a new election is going to be held without him on the ballot.
5. A new survey asked people about scenarios where they’d get a vaccine. 62% would if their doctor said it was safe . . . 54% would if the FDA said it was safe . . . 26% would if it cost $100 . . . and 19% would get it if the president said it was safe.
6. Here are the updated stats on CONFIRMED coronavirus cases as of last night . . .
New daily cases in the U.S.: 44,227, with 977 new deaths.
Total cases in the U.S.: 7.4 million . . . with more than 210,700 deaths . . . and more than 4.6 million who’ve now recovered.
Total cases worldwide: 33.8 million . . . with more than 1 million deaths . . . and more than 25.1 million people who’ve beaten the virus globally.