Here’s a fresh round-up of coronavirus insanity . . .
1. The home security company SimpliSafe has made an ugly Christmas sweater for social distancing. . . it’s got an alarm that goes off if anyone comes within six feet of you.
2. People are now including “Coronavirus waivers” with invitations to parties . . . where, basically, you sign that you won’t sue if you catch coronavirus at the event.
3. A wedding photographer in Texas tested positive for coronavirus after the groom at a wedding hid that he was sick.
4. An article in “Popular Science” magazine from 2011 that predicted 2020 would be, quote, “a truly amazing year” is making the rounds online . . . with people dunking on it over that incredibly WRONG prediction.
5. Here are the updated stats on CONFIRMED coronavirus cases as of last night . . .
New daily cases in the U.S.: 230,982, with 3,277 new deaths.
Total cases in the U.S.: 17.6 million . . . with more than 317,900 deaths . . . and more than 10.2 million who’ve now recovered.
Total cases worldwide: 75.2 million . . . with more than 1.6 million deaths . . . and more than 52.8 million people who’ve beaten the virus globally.