Here’s a fresh round-up of coronavirus insanity . . .
1. A school district in Illinois has banned kids from wearing pajamas during their remote classes this school year.
And some colleges have been setting rules like “no parties” and “no road trips.”
2. Americans are still going to Mexico to pay for sex . . . but one prostitute in Tijuana says it’s not quite as many as before.
And one American man in his 50s who was interviewed anonymously says he’s been staying safe from coronavirus on his trips by using wipes on his hotel room and only eating outdoors. So yeah, all safe, except possibly the “sex with a prostitute” part.
3. New Zealand did just about the best job fighting coronavirus while the U.S. has done considerably worse . . . so naturally the U.S. just issued a warning telling Americans not to go to New Zealand out of fear of their 23 active cases.
4. A picture is going viral of a comically bad barrier someone set up in a classroom at the University of Georgia . . . it’s basically a sheet of plastic taped to the front of a desk.
5. A man in Florida was arrested after he yelled at a child for wearing a mask at a restaurant, then spit in the kid’s face.
6. The high school in Paulding County, Georgia that suspended students for sharing photos of crowded halls has now reported nine cases of coronavirus, so they’re shutting down for two days.
7. Here are the updated stats on CONFIRMED coronavirus cases as of last night.
New daily cases in the U.S.: 47,849, with 535 new deaths.
Total cases in the U.S.: 5.1 million, with more than 165,600 deaths . . . and more than 2.6 million who’ve now recovered.
Total cases worldwide: 20 million . . . with 734,000 deaths . . . and 12.9 million people who’ve beaten the virus globally.