Here’s a fresh round-up of coronavirus insanity . . .
1. A restaurant in Wisconsin says it has installed lights that can kill coronavirus. They’re the first restaurant to do that. Do the lights actually work? Well, they did in some scientific tests in June.
2. An exorcist in the Philippines is warning people that they’re more susceptible to demon attacks during the pandemic. Quote, “The devil . . . rides onto events in our surroundings, such as our problems, trials, illnesses, pain, and crisis.”
3. Two-thirds of people say they eat more snacks now than they did before the pandemic.
4. A woman in California who hoarded N95 masks when the pandemic started and then sold them for more than 1,100% over the asking price is now looking at up to a year in prison for price gouging.
5. 70% of people say if they’re going to go to a wedding anytime soon, they need to know the health and safety plan before they RSVP.
6. The CDC says, quote, “small household gatherings” are causing the resurgence in coronavirus cases. And they’re strongly recommending everyone rethink their indoor Thanksgiving plans.
7. Here are the updated stats on CONFIRMED coronavirus cases as of last night . . .
New daily cases in the U.S.: 59,693, with 970 new deaths.
Total cases in the U.S.: 8.1 million . . . with more than 221,800 deaths . . . and more than 5.2 million who’ve now recovered.
Total cases worldwide: 38.7 million . . . with more than 1 million deaths . . . and more than 29.1 million people who’ve beaten the virus globally.