Here’s a fresh round-up of coronavirus insanity . . .
1. A guy recently wrote into the “Ask Amy” newspaper advice column because his wife has refused to touch him since the pandemic started, even after he tested negative for coronavirus.
Amy suggested two possible reasons: One, his wife is overly germophobic and probably needs therapy . . . or two, there are deeper problems in the marriage.
2. In another sign that the pandemic really may change the way we work forever, Microsoft just made working from home a permanent option for most of its employees whose jobs allow for that.
3. There’s been a lot of back and forth on whether neck gaiters work as well as masks. The latest study out of Virginia Tech University found they DO work as well as regular cloth face masks.
4. A woman in Palm Springs, California called 911 after an employee wouldn’t let her into a pet store without a mask. And a guy in Imperial Beach, California broke a taco shop’s window when they wouldn’t serve him without a mask.
5. The average American says it’s going to take seven months to pay off the credit card debt they’ve built up since the beginning of the pandemic.
6. 35% of Americans believe coronavirus is a “lesson” sent by God. (If that’s true, we are doing really badly on the exam.)
7. Here are the updated stats on CONFIRMED coronavirus cases as of last night . . .
New daily cases in the U.S.: 41,935, with 325 new deaths.
Total cases in the U.S.: 7.9 million . . . with more than 219,600 deaths . . . and more than 5.1 million who’ve now recovered.
Total cases worldwide: 37.7 million . . . with more than 1 million deaths . . . and more than 28.3 million people who’ve beaten the virus globally.