Here’s a fresh round-up of coronavirus insanity . . .
1. A guy in Taiwan was fined $3,500 for breaking quarantine for eight seconds.
2. The World Health Organization says that this holiday season, you shouldn’t hug anyone to try to keep the transmission rates down.
3. People who were binge drinkers before the pandemic are drinking even more now . . . they’ve been drinking 19% more alcohol per week than they were before this all started.
4. The best way to avoid catching coronavirus from someone in a car is to roll down all the windows.
But if it’s too cold to do that, and you only have two people in the car, have the passenger sit on the passenger side of the backseat, then open the front passenger side window and the back driver side window. That’s the best move for airflow.
5. JetBlue tweeted yesterday asking people, quote, “Where are you flying this winter?” People immediately called them out for being tone-deaf, and they deleted the tweet.
6. A guy without a mask coughed and spit all over a Best Buy in Florida on Saturday when they wouldn’t help him until he put one on. He was arrested.
7. White House officials passed on the opportunity to buy more doses of the future vaccine from Pfizer when it was offered this summer . . . and now the U.S. may not be able to get more until next June because Pfizer committed to other countries.
8. Here are the updated stats on CONFIRMED coronavirus cases as of last night . . .
New daily cases in the U.S.: 198,792, with 1,508 new deaths.
Total cases in the U.S.: 15.3 million, with more than 290,000 deaths . . . and more than 8.9 million who’ve now recovered.
Total cases worldwide: 67.9 million . . . with more than 1.5 million deaths . . . and more than 47 million people who’ve beaten the virus globally.