Here’s a fresh round-up of coronavirus insanity . . .
1. A bank robber in Houston claimed he was only doing it because he didn’t get a stimulus check, and lost his business. It’s not clear if that’s true or not. Cops are still looking for him.
2. A guy in L.A. is facing fraud charges after he got $9 million in PPP loans and then gambled away a bunch of it in Vegas. He could end up in prison for 30 years.
3. (Careful!) A woman at a Verizon store near Sacramento was asked to put on a mask . . . and she responded by pulling her pants down and peeing on the floor.
4. A woman in Michigan flipped off a pizza shop employee when they told her to wear a mask . . . then stormed out and ran over a cop’s foot.
5. A meeting in Utah on whether to make kids wear masks in school had to be postponed . . . when too many parents showed up without masks on.
6. Here’s a crazy stat: On any given day right now, more people are riding the New York subway than flying in planes across the U.S.
7. How weird is it that THIS is the hot back-to-school item? Crayola is selling sets of five reusable face masks . . . one for each school day. You can pre-order them at SchoolMaskPack.com for $30.
8. A couple in Kentucky who tested positive and refused to sign a self-quarantine order have been placed under house arrest.
9. A new study in Korea found teens and tweens spread the virus faster than younger kids or adults.
10. Here are the updated stats on coronavirus cases as of last night . . .
New daily cases in the U.S.: 63,585 on Sunday, with 392 new deaths.
Total cases in the U.S.: Just under 3.9 million, with over 143,000 deaths . . . and more than 1.8 million who’ve now recovered.
Total cases worldwide: 14.6 million . . . with 608,902 total deaths . . . and 8.7 million people who’ve beaten the virus globally.