Just because you’ve made it to the top, doesn’t mean you STAY at the top. There’s a list online of 10 actors who made it big . . . then had some type of fall from grace . . .
BUT . . . spoiler alert . . . they were all able to dust themselves off and make a comeback. Here’s the list. (Some of them are more obvious than others.)
1. Brendan Fraser
2. Natasha Lyonne . . . She was in the “American Pie” trilogy, but got into drugs and was even arrested. She made a comeback with “Orange Is the New Black”.
3. Robert Downey Jr. . . . (Can you get a bigger comeback than becoming IRON MAN?)
4. Laura Dern . . . Her career took a hit after she played a lesbian on Ellen DeGeneres’ sitcom “Ellen”. It took almost 15 years for her to start getting roles again.
5. Nicolas Cage
6. Betty White . . . Not that she ever did anything wrong, she just fell off the radar for a bit until she did “The Proposal” and “Hot in Cleveland” and re-ignited her career.
7. Mickey Rourke
8. Lindsay Lohan
9. John Travolta . . . He starred in a few movies that tanked like “Staying Alive”, but turned his career around with “Pulp Fiction”.
10. Rosie Perez . . . She wasn’t offered big roles after “Fearless” in 1993, which she chalks up to being Puerto Rican. But now she’s had big roles again like in “Birds of Prey” and “The Flight Attendant”.
(Who else would you add? Johnny Depp, perhaps?)