A bunch of fake movie “facts” that people have posted on Reddit are trending online right now. Some are just nonsense, and some are technically true . . . but still nonsense. Here are some of the best ones we’ve seen . . .
1. In 1977, George Lucas named his franchise “Star Wars”, but not a single time do you ever see stars having wars.
2. The 1994 movie, “The Lion King” correctly predicted the entire plot of the 2019 movie, “The Lion King”.
3. Actors in black-and-white movies were often putting their lives in danger during driving scenes, as they weren’t able to tell if the traffic light was red or green.
4. In the movie “Independence Day”, a dog named Boomer survives . . . which makes him an “OK Boomer”.
5. The film “1917” is claimed to have been a one-shot movie. This is impossible, as there were way too many guns fired.
6. Despite his name, actor Adam Driver was not considered for a role in “Baby Driver” . . . because he was 33 when the film came out, making him an “Adult Driver.”
7. In “Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle”, Dwayne Johnson did not have the power to read the map. This is because paper beats Rock.
8. All of Chris Hemsworth’s space scenes in “Avengers: Infinity War” were filmed on Earth to accommodate the actor’s oxygen dependency.
9. In “The Matrix”, the name “Neo” is an anagram of the word “one” . . . foreshadowing how many good “Matrix” movies there would be.
10. In “Titanic”, a team of scientists and oceanographers search for a priceless diamond that was presumed to have gone down with the ship . . . while an old lady tells a three-hour story about how she lost her virginity.
11. The movie “127 Hours” is really only 1 hour and 34 minutes long.
12. In “Space Jam”, Michael Jordan raises the stakes on the game halfway through. This is a reference to his crippling gambling addiction.
13. In “Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker”, Darth Vader’s destroyed mask is frequently displayed. This is a nod to Disney destroying Darth Vader’s character arc.
14. In “Batman vs. Superman”, in order to defeat a god who has super strength, laser eyes, and can fly . . . Bruce Wayne does pull-ups.
15. In the “Toy Story” movies, Andy’s mom never remarries. This is a subtle nod to how Andy and his mom were better off without a stepdad . . . just like how my mom and I are better off without Trevor. Stop dating my mom, Trevor!