No celebrity had an AWESOME April Fools’ Day prank, but that didn’t stop them from trying. Here are 10 notable attempts . . .
1. Justin Bieber thought it would be funny to post a sonogram, implying that he was going to be a father. But it was a generic photo from Google Images.
By the way, Justin drew some BACKLASH from people who either can’t get pregnant or who have suffered a miscarriage. They don’t think that pregnancy is a joking matter. Lily Collins also made a pregnancy joke.
I’m retiring. In my spare time, I’ll be tweeting #LFG
— Tom Brady (@TomBrady) April 1, 2019
3. The Chicago Bears unveiled new jerseys, featuring triple-digit numbers. They said they’d be wearing them in 2019 to celebrate their 100th season. They even had a news release, and some players to back them up. (Here’s video, and here’s where the prank is revealed.)
— Chicago Bears (@ChicagoBears) April 1, 2019
4. Jennifer Garner thought it would be funny to say she has a memoir in the pipeline called “Bless Your Heart”. A lot of her followers got excited, but then she revealed that she was pranking them. (Here’s her video.)
5. The Jonas Brothers announced a new song that would “feature” that egg that broke Kylie Jenner’s Instagram record . . . but obviously that’s not happening.
6. There was a fake report that Billy Corgan was purchasing the name ‘Nirvana‘ from Dave Grohl, Krist Novoselic,Courtney Love, and Frances Bean Cobain for $1 billion.
7. Tool released some new sounds yesterday . . . 37 minutes of crickets chirping. And the sound of crickets is all that fans have heard from the band over the past 13 years.
— TOOL effing TOOL (@Tool) April 1, 2019
Well… I did it. pic.twitter.com/hCIOW4jHt8
— Dr. Phil (@DrPhil) April 1, 2019
9. Katie Couric announced she’s returning to the “Today” show as an anchor, because “America is in desperate need of a sweetheart.”
— Katie Couric (@katiecouric) April 1, 2019
10. And finally, Sarah Michelle Gellar announced a reboot of . . . “Swans Crossing”, a teen TV show she starred in in the ’90s.